Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Sausage and Peppers Mockery

Hello my blog friends. I'm so happy to check my stats and see that visitors are viewing my site everyday. I even received a comment or two, this is huge! I'm excited to get more viewers and feedback. :) Thank you friends.

This afternoon, I was starving and wanted something with substance. All I could think about was yummy, fattening sausage and peppers. I don't usually keep fatty foods in my house, so I was outta luck. What's a girl to do?...Improvise!





And improvise I did! I created a Sausage and Peppers Mockery. It was more delicious than I imagined. Here's how to make it:

Sausage and Peppers Mockery:
(Serves 4)

Ingredients:
-EVOO (thanks Rachel Ray)
- 2lbs. Ground Turkey
-2 Bell Peppers (chopped)
-1/3 Onion (chopped)
-1 t. Crushed Garlic
-Baby Spinach (optional)
-Salt
-Pepper
-2-3 Cups of Cooked Brown Rice

Steps:
1. Set skillet to medium heat. Begin by sautéing chopped peppers and onion with the oil (2-3T.) and garlic.


2. When peppers and onions start to get soft, drain out water and add turkey (be sure the turkey is broken up into bite size pieces).


3. Allow the turkey to brown. Add a few pinches of salt and lots of pepper to get that sausagey taste.
4. Flip turkey to be sure it is cooking evenly.
5. If your heart desires, add a couple of handfuls of baby spinach for a lil extra flavor.


6. Keep sautéing until turkey is browned on all sides, spinach is wilted and ingredients are thoroughly combined.
7. Once your sausage and pepper mixture is complete, you can be healthy and lay it over a bed of brown rice.

Other options include: using the mixture to make a sandwich, or add some tomato sauce and pasta to make a fancier meal.











Happy Eating!!!
Yum!!!


How do you like my old school/hippie-chic plate?
How did you make your blog more popular?
Do you make any mock-meals? Or healthful alternatives?

No comments:

Post a Comment