Today's recipes sound complex, but they're actually super simple! I know many people are scared of whole chickens. No need, all you have to do is rinse, top, set, and bake. Check these out and let me know what you think.
No-Bake Mediterranean Casserole
-2 Cups of Fresh Spinach
-3/4 Cup of Black Olives
-1T. Crushed Garlic
-2.5T. EVOO (olive oil)
-1 Cup of your Favorite Tomato Sauce
-2 Cups of Cooked White Rice
-1/4 Cup of Grated Parmesan
-S&P to taste
1. Begin by sautéing EVOO, garlic, spinach, and olives in a skillet over medium heat---until spinach shrinks (5-10mins).
2. Add in sauce and cheese. Set temperature to low and let simmer (10 mins. is more than enough time).
3. Mix in rice.
Roasted Garlic/Herb Chicken
-1 Whole Chicken
-3 T. Crushed Garlic
-1 Cup of Water
1. (Set oven to 350) Rinse chicken and remove innards.
2. Rub chicken with salt, pepper, seasonings, and garlic.
3. Place chicken in roasting pan with 1 cup of water.
4. Bake for 20mins/lb plus 20 additional minutes.
5. Chicken is done when it's crispy on the outside and has no pink tones within the chicken when you slice it.
Do you have something that you believed to be scary, but once you've tackled it it turned out to be super simple or easy? ---in cooking, in your everyday life?
Do you prefer white or dark meat chicken?