Here is a fun, healthy treat to try this weekend: Healthy Pizza Bites. These can be eaten as a dinner with a salad, a snack in-between meals, or wrapped up and taken for lunch during the work week. I used whole-wheat dough, and kept the cheese out of the mix this time. This is rare for me as cheese=my fave! You can also use regular dough, prepare pizza crusts, or naan bread for the pizza crust.
Healthy Pizza Bites:
-Whole Wheat Dough
-Fave Tomato Sauce
-Roasted Red Pepper (chopped)
-Grape Tomatoes (cut up)
-Sun-Dried Tomatoes (cut up)
1. Let the dough rise and roll it out.
2. Let the dough pre-cook in an oven set to 400 for about 3 mins.
3. Top pizza with above toppings.
4. Place pizza back into oven for 6-15 mins. Crust should be hard and golden brown. Keep an eye as you do not want to burn the delish toppings!
5. Let cool a few mins, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
You can find a similar recipe @ FitFoodieFinds. Lee is great, she has the healthiest ideas! Yay to a healthy lifestyle!
What is your favorite healthy snack to cook up?
Hmmm...this is a toughy for me, I love these pizza bites, I also love oatmeal baked goods...
What is your favorite no-cook, healthy snack?
Too many! I love fruit, dried fruit, salads and smoothies!