Every family has recipes that they make regularly, but how often do they get to share them?---Not very...right? Well, tonight I am going to share one of my favorites with you, stuffed peppers. In our family we make them with rice, beef, sauce, and cheese rather than a traditional bread stuffing. This recipe is so easy and so delicious! It would be great to serve to guests for a get-together or just for the fam on a relaxing night. I hope that you enjoy this recipe...Let me know what you think.
(...Just wait for me to reveal my delicious dessert...or scroll down and ruin the surprise! ha!)
Mom's Stuffed Peppers
- 5 (medium-large) Green Bell Peppers
- 5 Cups of Prepared/Cooked Rice
- 3 Cups of Your Favorite Tomato Sauce
- 1.25 lbs of Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Cook beef thoroughly in a frying pan set to medium heat (add salt and pepper to taste). Drain grease. Turn off stove top.
2. Mix in 2 cups of tomato sauce.
3. Mix in rice slowly (a little at a time).
4. Cut around the stem of the pepper to remove the top and the seeds.
5. Fill the peppers with the rice/beef/sauce mixture.
6. Top the filled peppers off with a couple spoonfuls of tomato sauce each.
7. Cover sauced peppers loosely with foil.
8. Place covered peppers in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 mins.
9. Peppers are ready when they are loosing green color and are getting slightly pruned.
10. Cover cooked peppers with shredded cheese and bake uncovered an additional 5-7mins.
....And TaaaDaaaah!!! Now you can enjoy my Mom's delicious stuffed peppers!!!
O.K....So are you ready for the even better part????---Seriously, so easy and so amazing!
A Fried Chocolate and Strawberry Quesadilla!
Serves 4 (if you love sweets, serves 2-3...or 1, if you are really bad!---wink! wink!)
- A Few Slivers of Butter
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- 5-8 Strawberries (I used defrosted frozen berries)
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Ice Cream (for topping-4 scoops)
1. Set stove top to medium heat. Put large frying pan on heat with a pat of butter.
2. Place one flour tortilla in the pan with the strawberries and chocolate chips centered in the tortilla.
3. Place the other tortilla on the top.
4. Once the bottom tortilla is lightly browned (in about 5mins), carefully flip and lightly brown the other side.
O.K.--So at this point it may not look super amazing, but believe me, IT IS!
5. Slice into four pieces and top with vanilla ice cream.
Alrighty...here it is...a tiny little piece of heaven! Hope you love it as much as me and my Mr. D-Dates!
Do you have any traditional family recipes? Please share with us and tell us other traditions you participate in other than eating...
Do you celebrate girls' nights?
Do you have a specific holiday tradition that is special to you?