It is time for my first Tasty Tuesday. It is only Tuesday, but for me the week has already been pretty hectic. Therefore, I decided to whip up one of my easiest recipes: BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches. I had some brown rice leftover in the fridge, so I decided to make a quick and simple tomato-rice salad to go with my sandwiches. I hope that you enjoy these as much as my family. They are always requested for all of our get-togethers!
BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- 1lb Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1/3-1/2 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1 Package of Bulkie Rolls
1. Place chicken breast, water, and BBQ sauce in a slow cooker. Cover and set to low. Cook on low for 6 hours.
This is what your cooked BBQ chicken will look like!
2. Use a fork to seperate/pull chicken apart.
3. Now your chicken is ready to be placed on the Bulkie Rolls to create sandwiches. I like to lightly toast the rolls first.
Other tasty options are to add some toppings like: cheese, lettuce, tomato, beans, extra BBQ, onion, or anything you like!
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 1/2 of a Cucumber
- 1 Scallion
- 1/2 Cup of (cooked) Corn
- 1/3 Cup of your favortie Italian Dressing
- 1.5-2 Cups of Rice (I used brown, but white is also delicious)
- Cut up the tomato into small pieces and place into bowl.
- Peel and chop cumcumber; add to the bowl.
- Chop scallion and add it to the bowl as well.
- Mix corn into the bowl along with the dressing.
- Put the rice into the bowl and mix all ingredients well.
- The longer this mixture sits, the more flavorful it will become!