Here is what you've been waiting for, my extensive recipe post for all the tasty goods that were served at my simple Mother's Day brunch bash!
I hope that you enjoy these dishes, let me know what you think:
Potato, Leek, and Zucchini Fritatta:
(Makes 8-10 Slices)
-1/3 of a Zucchini (halved and sliced)
-1/4 of a Leek (sliced and broken apart)
-1/3 Cup of Milk
-2.5 Red Potatoes (previously baked and peeled)
-3/4 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Grease pie pan with the EVOO.
2. Lightly beat eggs and milk in a bowl.
3. Stir in zucchini, leek, potatoes, and cheese.
4. Pour mixture into greased pie pan and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until slightly browned and fully set.
Smitten Kitchen Pear Bread:
(Serves an Army)
Check out this amazing site for the delicious recipe! So yummy. I've also made a variation by using apples instead of pears (also delish).
(Serving Sizes Vary)
-Milk Chocolate Morsels
1. Melt chocolate using directions on packet.
2. Dip strawberries into melted chocolate.
3. Lay dipped strawberries on wax papered pan to cool/harden.
4. Serve on a tray once they are all hardened.
(Serving Sizes Vary)
-1 Cup of Shredded Cheese
-3/4 Can of Black Olives
-1 Bag of ITAL. Salad Mix
-1 Bag of Baby Spinach
1. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
2. Serve with dressing and enjoy!
Super Simple Homemade Lemonade
(Makes 2 Quarts)
1. Fill pitcher 1/16th full with lemon juice.
2. Add 1.5 C of sugar and lemon slices.
3. Fill (almost to top) with water.
4. Add 1 Cup of ice.
My family loved this lemonade, I ended up making four pitchers of it! Enjoy it!
Super Simple Chicken Salad:
-1.5lbs. Chicken Breast
-1 T. Olive Oil
-1/2 C. Water
-2 Chopped Celery Stalks
-1 Chopped Scallion
1. Place chicken, water, seasonings, salt and pepper into a slow cooker.
2. Cook on high 2-3 hours, until chicken easily falls apart with a fork.
3. Add in celery and scallions.
4. After 2 minutes turn off slow cooker.
5. Place mixture in a bowl add as much Italian dressing as you desire.
6. Refrigerate until cold. If needed, add more dressing.
This can be served atop a bed of lettuce or on a bulky roll as a sandwich.
Taste of Home Corn Soufflé
Check out this awesome site for the recipe. This soufflé was definitely a party favorite! It is a simple recipe but it does have a 55 minute cook time.
I hope that you enjoy my recipes and that you can share them with friends and family.
What is your favorite brunch food to serve?
What is your best Mom's Day memory?